Holding your house “open” offers an excellent opportunity for potential buyers and their friends and family to view or re-view your property.
Because word-of-mouth can help sell a house, it is important to put your house’s “best foot forward.” The following checklist will help you do that.
- Review everything you did to get your house’s exterior ready for sale and update as necessary.
- Remove all cars from the driveway.
- Make sure windows are clean and sparkling.
- Stow all garbage cans, hoses and visible pet supplies.
- Review everything you did to get your house’s interior ready for sale and update as necessary.
- Arrange to board pets away for the day.
- Tidy closets and kitchen cupboards.
- Discard outdated items in the refrigerator and pantry.
- Secure all prescription medicines.
- Clear surfaces of everything but a few, simple decorative items.
- Have professional cleaners the morning of the open house.
- Open all window shades and, weather-permitting, open windows.
- Replace all burnt-out and low wattage light bulbs with high-wattage bulbs.
- Turn off automatic sprinklers if will start during open house.